Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Insomniac's Lullaby


Text overlaying the drawing


It unnerves me to blink and to look directly at you is to acknowledge that this continual grinding annoyance is actually happening and if i could just put my chin far enough over my left shoulder i could escape and your words hit my ears like a iron hammer it makes the oil that flows continally over my eyes waver which makes me fall forward always forward towards a future i've never been ready for but never had any choice but to accept because i was raised that you do the tasks put before you and you do them well the first time or you are stupid but i know that i'm actually quite intelligent however a near absent lack of ambition and an utter fear of success as well as failure leaves me stranded on this tiny slippery little rock in the middle of a cold fast river that's too deep for me to swim.

However it is the task before me.

Sink or swim.

Either way two hours of sleep in the last thirty six really aren't quite enough, even for me.

Please excuse my behavior, i'm not really sure what's going to happen next, not even within my own head.

Lay thee down now and rest, may thy slumber be blessed

No comments: